Following on from yesterdays’ capacity reduction announcements, further reductions will occur from 30 March to 30 June 2020.
Air New Zealand is reserving the right for further changes if there is additional weakened demand. At this point, trans-Tasman capacity will reduce by 80 percent over this period.
The following outlines the capacity changes on Tasman routes:
- Wellington to Sydney: Reduced to two return services per week
- Christchurch to Sydney: Reduced to two return services per week
- Auckland to Sydney: Reduced to seven return services per week
- Auckland to Brisbane: Reduced to five return services per week
- Auckland to Melbourne: Reduced to seven return services per week.
All other Tasman routes are suspended from 30 March to 30 June as follows:
- Auckland-Sunshine Coast
With such a large number of schedule changes, Air New Zealand is strongly encouraging customers to only contact the airline if they are due to fly within the next 48 hours or need immediate repatriation to New Zealand or their home country.